Join us to support for cancer research in conjunction with Brantley Francis Foundation in the upcoming fundraiser:
You can help in one of the following ways:
- Head to Geneseo Brewing for a Brantley’s Brew
- Visit a Checkers of the Quad cities
- Donate directly or with your purchase of a BFF Bag
Here’s more information from the Brantley Francis Foundation website:
Brantley Francis Foundation (BFF) Mission
The mission of the Brantley Francis Foundation is to positively influence pediatric cancer patients and their families.
How to help
You have already taken the first step in helping- educating yourself! Childhood cancer is not rare. Here are some facts:
- One in 285 kids in the U.S. will be diagnosed with cancer by the time they are 20 years old.
- Of those diagnosed, 2/3 will have long term side effects.
- Childhood cancer is the leading cause of death by disease in kids under the age of 19 in the U.S.
Still, despite these facts, the National Cancer Institute gives only 4% of the annual budget to childhood cancer.